Monday, April 30, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal Obsession

 


As the above title may imply, I am currently obsessed with overnight oats. For the past three days I've eaten them for breakfast AND lunch. They are easy, delicious, and did I mention easy? Mix a few ingredients together, pop them in the fridge, go to sleep - wake up and eat awesome oatmeal! Easy.

If you love oatmeal, but have gotten just a little tired of the same old thing, this is a really wonderful alternative! 

This particular recipe may taste like you're eating a big bowl of pumpkin pie for breakfast, but it's SO good for you! Antioxidant rich pumpkin, uber awesome chia seeds (for a little more info on chia seeds click here), fiber packed oats, and iron, calcium, and magnesium rich molasses. The flavors have all night to come together, the oats soften, and the chia seeds absorb everything. The recipe comes from another one of my favorite blogs, OhSheGlows - and I cannot wait to try her other recipes for overnight oats!

Tonight - I'm playing around with one of my favorite flavor combos - chocolate cherry with roasted almonds - I'll let you know how they turn out! In the meanwhile, give this recipe a go!

Alterations: I did replace the maple syrup with about 5 drops of liquid stevia, and I didn't make the banana soft serve she recommends to go with it - I'm sure it's awesome, but I was a bit lazy :) 

OhSheGlows Gingerbread Overnight Oats

I drizzled my Gingerbread Oats with a little extra molasses ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment